Comment on page
Removing Backups From AWS S3, Wasabi, Backblaze B2, And S3 Compliant Storage
This article describes how to delete the backups from AWS S3 and other S3 compliant storages with versioning enabled in Xopero ONE platform.
When using S3 and S3-compliant storage with data versioning enabled, files that have been deleted through Xopero ONE may not be physically deleted. The files may no longer be visible in the bucket, but the space may be still taken.
If you don't want the data to be versioned, you should just turn off the versioning mechanism in bucket settings, otherwise, you can regularly delete the files.
To permanently delete the files inside the bucket follow the instructions below:
- Sign in AWS Management Console
- Select the name of the object in the Objects list.
- Choose the Version button
- Select the version of the object,
- Select the checkbox next to the Version ID for the versions that you want to delete permanently,
- Choose the Delete button,
- Enter text: "permanently delete",
- Confirm by clicking the Delete objects button,